As a kid we used to visit our family in Arizona for Easter and there, we would celebrate all the spring birthdays in our family which included mine as I am an April baby. This was my memory of Easter as a child. The Easter bunny wasn’t such a big deal, it was more of being with family and when we weren’t in Arizona we would attend church in our Sunday best. Fortunately I was able to visit my Arizona family this last week under different circumstances, but it was nice to reminisce my childhood during this holiday with them. I have to say that my all time favorite easter was when my grandma surprised me with a real bunny, his name was snugs and I had him up until my parents adopted a dog who loved to torment the poor thing and we had to give him up. The last few years Easter has kind of taken a back seat and we haven’t done much, but this year with our little one on the move, Easter has a whole new meaning. Yesterday we took him on his first egg hunt with all the grandparents in attendance of course and took him to see the Easter bunny, which he wasn’t very fond of. We dyed eggs, which he absolutely loved and then started throwing them like they were baseballs and breaking the shells. This morning we had a special brunch with our families at our house and we did another small Easter egg hunt in our backyard. Easter has transformed for us to creating memoires for our boy and making the holidays as special as we can for him.
This year for Easter I made GF Easter nest cheesecakes. I found this recipe from an advertisement for Philadelphia Cream Cheese, although I made some adjustments and didn’t even use Philadelphia cream cheese, they turned out pretty yummy.
- 1 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. BAKER’S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, toasted
- speckled M&MS
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix Gluten Free graham crumbs, 2 Tbsp. sugar and butter; press onto bottoms of 18 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Spoon over crusts.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until centers are almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate
- Top each cheesecake with 1 Tbsp. coconut; shape to resemble bird’s nest. Fill with
- M&M eggs.
Happy Easter Everyone!!
Here are some pictures of our table and my little Easter Bunny.